- Recent statistics show that close to 50% of mobile users in western Europe have a smart phone -and that 46% of all mobile users use the internet on their mobile phone.
- 43% of the Irish population have smartphones (May 2012 Google) & from the same study, 61% of those used their phone to access the internet over the past 7 days
- Nearly 50% of smartphone users are over 35
- The vast majority of users are presented with regular webpage content which has been designed for full screen viewing, forcing them to pinch and scroll for even the basic information they are looking for.
- Users look for different things on a webpage via their mobile compared to viewing through a PC.
- Typically they are just looking for specific information, offers, contact details etc.
- Our own recent research shows that for business to consumer sites mobile access is at about 40% of all site visits and rising see: https://www.enhance.ie/the-growth-of-mobile-ii-the-b2c-numbers/
Mobile Site V’s Responsive Site
There was a lot of discussion over the last year with regard to which way to go with your site; Mobile Specific V’s Responsive Design. As far as we are concerned ( and Google for that matter ! ) this argument is over – and responsive is the preferred option in the vast majority of cases. Having said that for specific requirments and in certain circumstances we may still recommend the Mobile Site option.
We can develop a bespoke solution for you from the ground up – ensuring your mobile users have an optimised experience on your mobile site
See examples of our Bespoke Mobile Solutions
This site will have a direct link out to the “full site” ( your normal fullscreen website ), but in additional it can have presented in easy to read, clear navigation format, a selection of the following:
- About Us page
- Offers page
- Key service(s) page
- Contact Details
- Enquiry form
- Social Media Links
- Download PDF
- View Video
- Email to a friend