This drives the need to firmly embrace Return on Investment (ROI) Marketing – using measurement to optimise marketing spend and results. This is no longer something “nice to have” it is essential to have.
The key to results driven digital marketing is understanding your customers decision journey. When this is understood then you can build and execute a results driven digital marketing plan which will drive real sales.
It means that you get the maximum results for your marketing spend. With results driven marketing the key is to:
- Clearly identify your business objectives
- Design a marketing solution to achieve these objectives within a given budget
- Execute the solution
- Measure the results at every stage
- Re-adjust if needed to always maximise the impact
- Analyse the results
- Plan future activity based on the measured results
This approach closes the loop on your marketing activity and means that you get the maximum results at all stages and these results now help drive future marketing activity.