Local Enterprise Offices | Online Trading Voucher Seminars
Its been a while since we posted on this subject, but we are happy to provide this timetable of Online Trading Voucher seminars around the country. If you are unaware of the new scheme by the Department of Communications, Energy & Natural Resources (DCENR), a select number of Local Enterprise Offices (LEOs) are offering grants of up to €2,500 on a €5000 spend on ecommerce or digital marketing services.
The support covers the following activities:
- IT consultation;
- Development or upgrade of an e-commerce website;
- Implementing Online payments or booking systems;
- Purchase of Internet related software;
- Purchase of online advertising (this purchase cannot make up any more than 30% of approved Voucher costs and can only be drawn down in one payment phase);
- Developing an app (or multiplatform webpages);
- Implementing a digital marketing strategy i.e. Social media marketing;
- Consultation with ICT experts for early stage adopters of online strategy;
- Training/skills development specifically to establish and manage an on-line trading activity.
The vouchers cannot be used for:
- Development of brochure websites;
- Purchase of non-internet related software;
- Anything other than online trading related activity.
Vouchers are targeted at businesses which have:
- A limited online trading presence
- Less than 10 employees
- A turnover less than €2m
- Been registered and trading for at least 12 months
The scheme is being rolled out across the country. It began in Dublin last November/December 2013 and is now available in the following areas:
To obtain the grant you must register for and attend a local seminar on how the supports can be used and how to best utilise the support. The dates for these seminars are as follows:
- Dublin – Dates past – Express your interest for attending by contacting your Local Enterprise Office
- Cork City & South Cork – Tuesday 17/6/14, 9:30am – 1pm, Radisson Blu, Hotel Little Island – More details here
- Cork West & North – Wednesday 30/7/14, 9:30am – 1pm, The Celtic Ross Hotel, Rosscarbery – More details here
- Kerry – No details as of yet, but keep up to date on the Kerry LEO website
- Louth – Thursday, 17/7/14, 9:30am, Creative Spark, Clontygora, Muirhevnamor, Dundalk – More details here
- Sligo – Next seminar in early July but contact Sligo LEO to express your interest
- Waterford – No dates available for the seminar, but contact Waterford LEO or download the application form here
The application may be slightly different for each LEO, but to get an idea of the information you’ll need to supply as part of the submissions process download this application form.
The support is designed to improve the over all web performance of Irish business, not strictly for website design, so even if you have a great website, this is a perfect opportunity to explore new ways of reaching out to customers on the web. For experienced support and guidance on how the grant can best be utilized by your business contact us on (01) 8512800